With the weather becoming outrageously awesome, it’s about time we break those weekend habits and try something cool. Longer days equal more time to jam-pack those days off with fun activities.
Here are seven picks to shake up the weekends with out of the ordinary experiences.
Try an escape game at Guess HQ
Located in Gastown, Guess HQ gives you the opportunity to play super hero in your own life. Their rooms utilize leading-edge technology from the water park, theme park, video game and special effects industries, using moving walls, laser sensors, magnetic locks and more.
- Special Offer: $59 and up for admission to 5D real-life adventure-based escape room game and membership for four, six or eight people.
Attend the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair
For 127 years this fair has brought the fun, with world-class rodeo athletes, bull riding, barrel racing, midway rides, 4H animal displays, go-karts, lumberjack games and so much more. Enjoy fine Western-themed art, freestyle skateboarding, country and honkey-tonk music, the Cowboy Rib Fest, and even a live DJ spinning tunes for the kids.
- Special Offer: $12 for two gate admission tickets to the 127th annual Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair on opening day May 15, 2015.
Experience a Bubba Soccer game
Some Vancouverites call this the most padded sport to hit the market. Wrap yourself and nine friends in high quality bubble wrap, and take contact sports to the next level!
- Special Offer: $10 and up for drop-in admission to bubble soccer game or one-hour bubble suits rental for 10 people, with venue options.
Cruise around English Bay & False Creek with Accent Cruises
Take off from one of the beautiful marinas at Granville Island, and cruise along the Vancouver shoreline with gorgeous views. Take in the sights, and soak up the luxury aboard the modern, deluxe yachts in Accent Cruise’s fleet.
- Special Offer: $35 and up for a 1.5-hour English Bay & False Creek cruise for two or four adults.
Rent a kayak from Creekside Kayaks
Choose between your own single kayak rental, or ride with a friend in a tandem. And if you’re new to the experience, opt for the intro to kayaking lesson from the expert instructors at Creekside Kayaks.
- Special Offer: $19 and up for a two-hour single kayak rental, two-hour tandem kayak rental or three-hour intro to kayaking session.
Rock climb in Squamish with Adventure Forever
This activity is perfect for individuals looking to experience the excitement and satisfaction of outdoor climbing. The instructors at Adventure Forever have been doing this forever and they’ve got the experience to help any climber, regardless of their ability or expertise!
- Special Offer: $59 and up for a full-day introductory rock-climbing course for one, two or three in Squamish.
Take a Sea-Doo tour at Granville Island with Vancouver Water Adventures
Experience a different side of Vancouver by taking a 2.5-hour Sea-Doo tour through stunning coastal waters. This exhilarating adventure begins early to capitalize on smooth seas and less boat traffic, giving you ample time to explore nearby destinations such as Bowen Island, the seal colony and Anvil Island.
- Special Offer: $129 for a 2.5-hour Sea-Doo tour for two people at Granville Island.
For more experiences, visit socialshopper.com.
Advertorial. If you are interested in sponsored content, please contact us.