Hungry for more food stories? Check out these small bites:
- The Vancouver food industry is giving back in May, including at this weekend’s 9th Annual Spot Prawn Festival, which benefits the Chefs’ Table Society.
- More on spot prawns: The Vancouver Sun shares a recipe for Sambal-styled spot prawns from Chef Scott Kwan of Kaya Malay Bistro.
- If your long weekend finds you in the kitchen with avocados and a craving for something sweet, try out this recipe for Chocolate Avocado Peanut Butter Banana Pudding from Good Life Vancouver.
- Controversial filmmaker Uwe Boll’s venture into Vancouver’s dining scene is up and running with the opening of his upscale German restaurant, Bauhaus, in Gastown.
- Local food writing quote of the week, courtesy the Georgia Straight: “Along with asparagus, kale isn’t the easiest thing to pair wines with, but as Vancouver-based media, I’m contractually required to write about kale a minimum of twice a year.”
- Our top food stories this week: Ramen Danbo in Kits is the city’s newest noodle shop, we pick the Best Patios in Gastown, and Canada celebrated the first-ever National Caesar Day.
Don’t forget to follow @VCBFood on Twitter to keep up with all of Vancity Buzz’s food and drink stories.