Along with a kitschy lumberjack theme, Vancouver Craft Beer Week (VCBW) is back for its 6th annual appreciation of the microbrew.
Kicking off May 29 and running through June 7, VCBW brings a multitude of events highlighting B.C. and international brews, a first-of-its-kind Vancouver Magazine International Craft Beer Awards Gala and a closing festival at the PNE fair grounds.
The 10-day event line-up combines over 100 craft breweries at 50 venues throughout the city. Signature and Feature events will include:
- The Vancouver Magazine International Craft Beer Awards Gala presented by CRAFT Beer Market
- Rare Brews & BBQ at Darby’s Pub
- What the Hop? Beer Trivia at Colony Main Street
- “GIGANTABIROOMCOBALTAPALOOZA!”music and beer event at The Cobalt
- The Belgian Beer Showcase at BierCraft Cambie
- Battle of the Bartenders Beer Cocktail Competition at The Blackbird
- The VCBW Festival, the biggest beer festival in Canada, at the PNE fair grounds
VCBW is also presenting their official brew ‘Campfire Kolsch’, a collaboration between 30 B.C. breweries and made at Red Truck Co.’s new brewery. According to VCBW, the brew has “an extremely subtle amount of cherry wood smoked malt and hops that give tropical fruit notes” reminiscent of a barbequed pineapple. Appropriately named, the beer’s proceeds will go toward the Vancouver Firefighters Charitable Society.
On June 6 and 7, Canada’s largest craft beer festival will take over the PNE fair grounds with over 400 beers to try and the popular STIHL Timbersports Western Canada Finals – basically the world cup of lumberjack sports.
For beer lovers, Vancouver Craft Beer Week is the capstone event of the year, and tickets to many events sell out fast. Check out vancouvercraftbeerweek.com for more information.
Vancouver Craft Beer Week
When: May 29 to June 7, 2015
Where: Various locations
Tickets: Visit website for tickets and information.