There are reports of yet another overnight targeted shooting in Surrey, despite yesterday’s pleas by RCMP for the drug turf war to come to an end.
Gunshots rang out on 66th Avenue near 128th Street at 1 a.m. this morning, Global News reports. There were many shots fired and a vehicle chase between suspects was involved, but there are no reports of injuries.
Police are investigating the incident, which pushes the number of shootings in Surrey and Delta to 20 incidents since mid-March.
During Monday’s press conference on the turf war, RCMP said the shootings are between South Asian and Somalian groups. It began on March 10 when a 20-year-old male was dropped off at a hospital with gunshot wounds, starting a string of six shootings in three days.
Police have been unable to stop the shootings as the victims of the targeted incidents have refused to cooperate with investigators, opting to instead ‘resolve’ the conflict with further violence. They have reached to the Sikh and Somali community leaders for support with their investigation.
Shootings in Surrey and North Delta
- March 10; 4 a.m.: 20-year-old male dropped off at hospital with gunshot injuries
- March 10; 7 p.m.: Targeted shooting in Newton at 78th Ave. and 127th St.
- March 10; 11 p.m.: Gunshots heard at 128th St. and 76th Ave.
- March 11; 2 p.m.: Witnesses see someone shooting from a white SUV at a black car at 80th St. and 132th Ave.
- March 11; midnight: Male with gunshot wounds found at the 19200-block of 80th Ave.
- March 12; 3:30 a.m.: Shots fired at a residence at 94th Ave. and 126th St.
- March 15; 2:30 a.m.: Shots fired again at the same residence at 94th Ave. and 126th St.
- March 26; 8:40 p.m.: Two men injured in shooting near 88th Ave. and 124th St.
- March 27; 4:45 p.m.: Male with gunshot wounds found at Surrey City Centre Mall
- March 28; 8:40 p.m.: One man injured in shooting at the 9400 block of 125th St.
- April 1; 11:40 a.m.: Witnesses see a male passenger shooting from a silver vehicle toward a black Honda near 128th St. and 64th Ave.
- April 5; 6 p.m.: Shooting reported at the 1500-block of 79th Ave.
- April 5; 9 p.m.: Shots fired at a home at 83rd Ave. and 110th St.
- April 10; 5 a.m.: Shots fired at a residence at the 11700-block of of 96th Ave.
- April 11; 7:20 p.m.: Drive-by shooting at 128th St. near 60th Ave.
- April 12; 5 p.m.: Man found with gunshot wounds at the 7000 block of 130th St.
- April 13; 10:30 p.m.: Gunshots reported at site of abandoned car crash near 70th Ave. and 149th St.
- April 14; 1:10 a.m.: Shots fired into a vehicle at 93rd Ave. and 153th St.