SheTalksYVR, an International Women’s Day event taking place in Surrey has made CNN’s list of “10 International Women’s Day events you’d be crazy to miss”.
The one-day inaugural speaking event features 15 women talking for eight minutes each about their diverse life, career and educational experiences. Speakers include Jodie Emery, Natasha Raey and Ashley Wiles among many others.
SheTalks is featured alongside events around the world including London, England; Accra, Ghana; Sydney, Australia; and New York, U.S.A; and is the only Canadian event on the list.
CNN’s “10 International Women’s Day events you’d be crazy to miss”:
- SheTalksYVR – Vancouver, Canada
- Women of the World Festival – London, England
- #makeithappen Women’s Walk – Accra, Ghana
- Queens of Noize Celebration of Women in Rock – Sydney, Australia
- Mums and Girls Code – Luxembourg
- WeCon Women’s Empowerment Conference – Austin, U.S.A.
- The Empowerment Bridge: Building a Lifetime of Opportunity for Women and Girls – New York, U.S.A.
- Women in Science Breakfast – Auckland, New Zealand
- International Women’s Day in Tech City – London, England
- Women in Peace and Conflict 2015 – Liverpool, England
The conference happens on Saturday, March 7 at the Chandos Pattison Auditorium in Surrey. Tickets to the event range from $25 to $40 and all proceeds go toward the SheTalks Scholarship for a young, emerging female leader at Simon Fraser University.