While winter isn’t officially over yet, the statistics are in Vancouver has had the second warmest winter in 120 years.
Global BC meteorologist Yvonne Schalle reports our winter temperatures for the months of December, January and February averaged at 6.1 degrees with a maximum average of 9.0 degrees.
In February, a new maximum temperature record was set at 10.5 degrees, breaking the 1977 record of 10.4 degrees.
To contrast, Toronto had the coldest February in recorded history with an average temperature of -12.6 degrees. Their normal average temperature for the month is -4.5 degrees.
Vancouver’s winter by the numbers:
- Warmest day: December 9, 15.1 degrees
- Coldest day: December 1, -6.1 degrees
- Average temperature: 6.1 degrees
- Average maximum temperature: 9.0 degrees
- Average minimum temperature: 1.0 degrees
Winter in Toronto…
Image: eskimo_jo / Flickr
Winter in Vancouver…