Metro Vancouver Area has a huge gaming community and the Retro Gaming Expo is one of the larger community events that take place in the region.
Unlike similar events in other cities, Vancouverites like to party. The organizers have taken care of the basics of: Vendors, Gaming, Tournaments, Costumes, etc. and spiced it up a bit with a licensed venue, some awesome old-school music, live bands, special guests and other gaming themed entertainment.
The expo will feature:
- A dealer hall
- 8-Bits of Destiny: Art Show & Auction
- Super Street Fighter II
- Super Bomberman SNES Tournament
- Mario Kart 64 Tournament
- Tetris & Dr. Mario Mixed Mode SNES Tournament
- Super Smash Bros N64 Tournament
- Retro Game Trivia – “There is no easy mode”
The Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo will remain a smaller yearly event in the spring, while the larger (modern-themed) Vancouver Gaming Expo will coincide with the annual Northwest Fan Fest convention.
Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo 2015
- When: Saturday, April 18
- Where: The Columbia – 530 Columbia Street, New Westminster
- Cost: Tickets are $20 each (GST/Fees Included). Kids under 10 are free with adult ticket. Get them here