Chefs from across the country are back for a second season of TV’s popular culinary competition Chopped Canada.
The Food Network Canada has just announced the chefs who will be taking on the mystery baskets and timed rounds for the second season offshoot of its counterpart, Chopped, over on the other side of the 49th parallel.
Metro Vancouver and B.C. at large is well represented this season. Check out who you’ll see vying for the $10,000 prize:
- Brian McKenna of “Love Cooking with Chef Brian McKenna,” from Langley, BC
- Jack Demers of Cactus Club Coal Harbour from Vancouver, BC
- Hanna Sogo of Tap Restaurant from Surrey, BC
- Jamie Huynh of Hawksworth from Vancouver, BC
- Hunter J. Moyes of The Parker from Vancouver, BC
- David Jackman of Merchant’s Oyster Bar from Vancouver, BC
- Daryle Ryo Nagata of Seventeen89 from Richmond, BC
- Alana Peckham, corporate chef, from Burnaby, BC
- Carol Christie of Little Vienna Bakery from Sooke, BC
- Gordon Desormeaux (aka Chef Dez), instructor and author, from Mission, BC
The sophomore season of “Chopped Canada” gets cooking on Saturday, January 10th at 9 E/P.
Featured image: Episode one of season two features Carol Christie of Sooke (far left) and Brian McKenna from Langley (far right) along with Mario Spina and Keith Hoare. (Photo: Food Network Canada)