Looking for some good eats this weekend? Then head on over to the Hawkers Market and munch on the delights that will fill up Hawkers Market this weekend. There will be enough food to make any food enthusiast happy.
We’ve looked at what will be there and have selected the top five eats at the market.
Gluten Free Doughnuts
If you love doughnuts and don’t love gluten so much, rejoice.. these treats are for you! Tons of varieties of glazes and fillings and they are all gluten free.
Oysters Galore on the “dim sum” cart
Oysters, oysters, oysters with spicy pepper and winter radish kimchi, preserved lemon and horseradish and prosecco foam.
Dukkah Risotto by Umah Foods
Dukkah is one of the most intriguing foods we have seen lately – an Egyptian blend of roasted nuts and aromatic spices. Umah will be serving up Dukkah a few ways including on the dim sum cart with risotto.
Toast Bar by Fife Bakery
The brand new Fife Bakery is launching a toast bar to try our there incredible breads. Expect crispy, crunchy delights for the Fife Bakery launch.
Juno Kim sliders
- Steak sliders on house made sourdough with cold smoked flank steaks, black garlic purée, caramelized onions, Bleu Bénédectin cheese
- Chicken liver parfait cracker with caramelized onion crackers, horseradish crème fraîche, pickled radish, micro arugula
- Mushroom marmalade crostini with housemade sourdough, tarragon whipped goat cheese, micro mustards
After you chow down on the all the food we just mentioned you’ll need some liquid to wash it all down, we suggest the following:
- O5 Tea Kombucha: The most delicious kombucha you’ll have in our fine city.
- Dickies Ginger Ginger Beer on Tap for virgins, Moscow Mules and the classic Hawkers Market Whiskey Dick.
- 33 Acres of Darkness by 33 Acres Brewing: If you’re the type who likes to judge a beer by it’s colour, 33 Acres of Darkness will surely surprise. While most equate heaviness with flavour this Schwarzbier strives to bring tantalizing taste beyond the usual weight.
It’s also the season of giving and the the Hawkers team has teamed up with Mealshare for a Buy 1 Feed 1 strategy as well as the Vancouver Food Bank for a food drive.
When: Saturday November 15, from 6 p.m. to late
Where: The Independent – 188 Kingsway
Tickets: $10 at hwkrsmrkt.eventbrite.ca