In OMG Social Media Conference’s inaugural year, the conference quickly became a trending topic in Vancouver, delivering hands-on and interactive sessions and workshops to help small business owners get the grasp on social media.
This year, the conference will be held on November 20, 2014 to further empower the small business community in Vancouver by providing more tangible takeaways and practical skill sets – and you may even get a chance to win one of two tickets to attend!
It’s a difficult feat for OMG but they want to help local business owners because the organizers recognize that many of them do not have the knowledge or time to manage social media by themselves, nor the understanding or resources to hire digital marketers.
Conner Galway, Digital Marketing Director of Junction Creative and Bosco Anthony, Founder of Tribe1, both experienced experts in online marketing and advisors for OMG Social Media, stress the necessity for businesses to embrace the digital world.
“The Mad Men era of marketing is starting to phase out and we are embracing a new concept of creating, sharing and engaging content through digital platforms and channels,” said Anthony.
With the many different types of social media conferences available, Galway and Anthony provide three main reasons why you should attend the OMG Social Media Conference:
1. Learn from 14 speakers who are in the current
Speakers are the core of conferences. Whether they are keynotes or panelists, they deliver the lessons and frame the conversations. It is important for you to know the value you’re looking for when attending conferences. This can range from industry lessons, technical information, inspiration, motivation, or a fresh perspective.
Most importantly for the topic of social media, trends and strategies are always changing and involve high-level speak so it is crucial to attend conferences where the speakers focus on what’s current and are focused on conveying information in easy-to-understand language.
From digital marketing experts, well-known brands such as Whole Foods Market and Lululemon to notable professionals from the local Vancouver community, each speaker for the second annual OMG Social Media Conference is personally hand-picked to ensure they are in the know of the latest everything and have a genuine desire to give back to the community by sharing their expertise.
2. Engage in hands-on and interactive activities with 200 attendees
Listening to experts present their knowledge is an essential at social media conferences, but prioritizing networking opportunities for attendees to grow their network of contacts is a plus.
Conferences can be one of the best places to meet like-minded people who have faced and overcome similar challenges. The OMG Social Media Conference allows for more than just a 5 minute Q&A session so that attendees are able to ask specific questions about their particular situations.
Through a series of hands-on interactive activities, designed to enhance learning, discuss and problem-solve with other small business owners, marketing professionals and an exceptional line of expert speakers.
3. Walk away with a readily implementable marketing plan
Sometimes it can be difficult to absorb all the content you learn at a conference. If online or print resources is provided for you to take away, it is much more likely that you will be able to properly implement what you have learned by having a tangible reference point.
Taking notes can be useful but it sometimes hinders full engagement. At the OMG Social Media Conference, workshop speakers will guide attendees in step-by-step sessions to fill out a workbook that will highlight key points for developing an online marketing plan.
For a chance to win one of two tickets (value $189 each) to OMG Social Media Conference 2014, please do at least one of the following:
1. Retweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win one of two tickets to @OMGMedia via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/E9c3Z RT to enter!
2. Follow us on Instagram – @VancityBuzz. Make sure to let us know via comment below that you want to be entered in this contest after following us. (1 entry)
3. Sign up for our weekly Buzz newsletter. (1 entry)
4. Leave a comment below telling us what you want to learn about social media. (1 entry)
Contest ends on Monday, November 17 at 11:59 p.m. One winner will be drawn at random.
OMG Social Media Conference 2014
- Date: Thursday, November 20, 2014
- Time: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Location: SFU Segal Graduate School of Business (500 Granville Street, downtown Vancouver)
- Tickets: $189.00 (lunch included). Buy one ticket and get the second one for half-price!
- Website: http://www.omgsocialmedia.ca/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OMGsocial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/omgmedia
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/omgmedia
Vancity Buzz is proud be a sponsor of the 2014 OMG Social Media Conference
Feature Image: Social media logos via Shutterstock