When it comes to global travel, Vancouver International Airport ranks near the top for getting some shut eye.
The 2014 list of Best Airports according to The Guide to Sleeping in Airports has YVR at a respectable slot number 5. (More boast-ability: YVR was the top-ranked North American airport in their 2013 reader survey.)
Here’s what The Guide says about YVR’s ranking this year:
Art exhibits, an aquarium, self-guided tours, great food options, rest zones, and ample aboriginal cultural influences make this airport an interesting airport to be stuck for awhile. Couple that with a few pay lounges complete with resting rooms and showers, and a spa and gym at the adjoining Fairmont Hotel, and you’re looking at a pretty comfortable layover! What more – luggage storage and a super-convenient public transit system make the heart of Vancouver accessible to travellers with extensive layovers.
You’re probably going to get your best snoozing at YVR “on the armrest free seating found at the gates,” tips the Guide, but you may do even better with the airport’s newer seating of padded couch blocks that can be configured to your liking.
- Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore
- Seoul Incheon International Airport, South Korea
- Helsinki International Airport, Finland
- Munich International Airport, Germany
- Vancouver International Airport, Canada
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia
- Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
- Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Japan
- Amsterdam Schipol International Airport, Netherlands
- Zurich International Airport, Switzerland
Featured image: Doug/Flickr