On November 19, the leading voices of the purpose-driven movement will collaborate to present IMPACT, a full-day event that brings together entrepreneurship and social innovation.
Spring Activator is collaborating with fellow impact community partners CCS Innovation Hub at Sauder, RADIUS SFU, THNK, Groundswell, and Vancouver+Acumen to host this event. The event is a way for attendees to strengthen their entrepreneurial acumen and discover their impact potential.
The full day of programming will feature the following:
- Keynote speakers including Katherine Woo (Chief Product Officer, Kiva) and Joel Solomon (Chairman, Renewal Funds)
- Workshops for entrepreneurs focusing on three themes: Finance & Capital, Startup Tools, and Talent
- Speakers from Vega, Fundrazr, Unbounce, Vancity and more
- Service and technology partner marketplace to help entrepreneurs find startup assistance
- ‘Ones to Watch’ showcase (invite-only)
- Several networking opportunities
- After-party with musical performance by SOHN
The event is part of Vancouver Startup Week, and will act as a foil to the more tech-centric tone of Startup Week’s programming. “This event is an opportunity to strengthen impactful entrepreneurship in Vancouver by providing both a place of discovery and a platform for discussion on what it means to create impact in business,” said organizing committee member and Spring Activator co-founder, Keith Ippel.
“Participation in IMPACT at Startup Week with the [other] organizing partners, who share our vision of social impact through entrepreneurship, means that we are on our way to cultivating a rich, vibrant and collaborative ecosystem in B.C. for social ventures to grow,” added Joanna Buczkowska-McCumber, Managing Director, CSS iHub
IMPACT will take place on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at The Imperial, presented in part by sponsors Vancouver Economic Commission and Vancity. Tickets can be purchased at www.picatic.com/VanIMPACT14. Entrepreneurs, investors, and partners in both the tech and impact space are welcomed.