Tickets for the 7th annual Interesting Vancouver are now on sale, taking place at SFU Woodward’s on Friday, November 7th, 2014.
Interesting Vancouver is an annual community gathering showcasing the region’s most fascinating people and the way they express their creativity through their hobbies, passions and obsessions. Tickets sell-out quickly – get more information at the Interesting Vancouver website.
What To Expect
Interesting Vancouver gatherings are casual and relaxed, with a low cost structure ensuring affordability. The evening will kick off with a gathering of audience and speakers, igniting conversational sparks. Over the evening, eight carefully curated speakers from Metro Vancouver’s diverse community will speak for 10 minutes about something they care deeply about—followed by an engaging dialogue with the audience. The link is curiosity.
Check out a video preview of one of last year’s speakers:
- A seven foot tall drag queen obsessed with bingo
- An indigenous multidisciplinary artist working to reverse the decline of Squamish language speakers
- A soft-spoken senior with a passion for photographing punk rock shows
- A 14 year old national champion YoYo-er
- A speech writer and communications specialist who is a closet cartoonist
- A composer who heals people through improvised music as they lay under his piano
- A clown, mime, juggler, and shadow player
- A genderqueer youth who dabbles; from roller derby to making ukuleles to transforming t-shirts
- Canada’s first Sikh commanding officer who passionately believes in the ripple effect
- An engineer who designs and builds high performance racing robots that are three storeys high
- A popular film and TV actress who credits Vipassana meditation for saving her life
- A paramedic/magician/artist who will change your life before you leave the room
Where: SFU Woodward’s, 149 W Hastings Street
When: Friday, November 7, 2014, 6pm-11pm
Tickets and More Information
Photo credit: Trevor Jansen