The Canadian Football League’s 102nd Grey Cup Championship is kicking off with a four-day Grey Cup Festival held at various venues, streets and sites in downtown Vancouver from November 26 to 30.
The event consists of a free 3-day TELUS street festival on Canada Place Way and Jack Poole Plaza that will include daily live music, featuring a rotation of talented local artists, including Delhi 2 Dublin, The Matinee and The Boom Booms.
There will also be a 3-night ticketed concert series at the Vancouver Convention Centre, with headliners that include Tim Hicks, Hey Ocean! and Trooper. Ticket prices for the concert series go on sale Friday, September 19 at ticketmaster.ca, with early-bird rates at $90 and 3-day passes going for $102.
The Save-on-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade will take place Saturday, November 29 and will wind through the streets of downtown Vancouver with the Grey Cup, floats, marching bands and other memorable acts. This comes a day before the 102nd Grey Cup Championship, held at BC Place Stadium on Sunday, November 30.
“Vancouver has emerged as a world class host city for major cultural and sports events, and we are excited to once again welcome visitors from all across Canada for the 102nd Grey Cup Festival,” said Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson. “With events and activities for everyone, the Grey Cup Festival is renowned for its festive atmosphere and will be a fantastic celebration of both football and Vancouver’s vibrant local arts and culture scene.”
‘The committee has been hard at work planning a spectacular line-up of events for this year’s Grey Cup Festival,” said 102nd Grey Cup Festival Organizing Committee Co-Chair, Michael Graydon. “We have an army of over 725 volunteers signed up and raring to go for November to make this Canada’s biggest football party.”
Key 102nd Grey Cup Festival events:
- Wednesday, November 26: Grey Cup Festival kickoff
- Thursday, November 27 to Saturday, November 29: TELUS Street Festival at Canada Place Way
- Thursday, November 27 to Saturday, November 29: Nissan Family Zone at Jack Poole Plaza
- Thursday, November 27 to Saturday, November 29: Team Parties
- Thursday, November 27 to Saturday, November 29: Grey Cup Festival Concert Series
- Friday, November 28: Edgewater Casino Night
- Saturday, November 29: Save-on-Foods Grey Cup Festival Parade in downtown Vancouver
- Sunday, November 30: Grey Cup Fan March in downtown Vancouver
- Sunday, November 30: Pre-Game Tailgate Party outside BC Place Stadium on Beatty Street
- Sunday, November 30: 102nd Grey Cup Championship Game at BC Place Stadium
Grey Cup Festival Concert Series 2014
- Thursday, November 27 – New Music night
- Headliner: Hey Ocean!
- Supported by: Family of the Year, The Gay Nineties
- Friday, November 28 – Country Music night
- Headliner: Tim Hicks
- Supported by: Tebey, One More Girl
- Saturday November 29 – Classic Rock night
- Headliner: Trooper
- Supported by: 54.40, Sass Jordan
Full event listings, including times and ticket information can be found at 102greycupfestival.ca.
Feature Image: BC Place