Today marks the start of the 29th annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival. Over 12 days, Vancouver will be treated to hundreds of performances from thousands of musicians at various venues around the city. As a media partner of the Jazz Fest, we want to give one reader the chance to win the ultimate prize pack.
On Sunday, June 29:
- Dinner for two at the Gerard Lounge (valued at $120, excluding alcohol & gratuity)
- A pair of tickets to Cassandra Wilson
- A one night stay at The Sutton Place Hotel
Named “America’s Best Singer” by Time Magazine, two-time Grammy Award-winning Cassandra Wilson first came to prominence through a leading role in Wynton Marsalis’ Pulitzer Prize-winning work Blood on the Fields. Wilson’s restless musical curiosity has seen her move the goalposts of vocal jazz. Blues, country, soul, rock, folk and even some hip hop techniques show off her “dark-treacle voice and precisely calibrated palette.” (Telegraph)
With Lonnie Plaxico on bass, Brandon Ross on guitar, John Cowherd on keyboards and John Davis on drums.
When: June 29 at 9 p.m. (doors at 8 p.m.)
Where: Vogue Theatre – 918 Granville Street, Vancouver
To enter to win dinner for two, a pair of tickets to see Cassandra Wilson and one night stay at The Sutton Place Hotel all on June 29 (total value $400+), do at least one of the following:
1. Retweet the following on Twitter: (1 entry)
- Win dinner, tickets to @reallycassandra & 1 night at @SuttonPlaceHtl for @VanJazzFest via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/ygtOx RT to enter!
2. Leave a comment below telling us your favourite Cassandra Wilson song – hint! (1 entry)
3. Like this photo on our Facebook page. (1 entry)
Contest ends Wednesday, June 25 at 1 p.m. One winner will be chosen at random.
Winner: Kelly S.
Vancity Buzz is a proud media partner of the TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival