A weekend-long celebration of comics, readings, panels, and workshops – the Vancouver Comic Arts Festival returns in 2014.
Culminating in a two-day exhibition for cartoonists from across the country, the event is completely free in an effort to appeal to both die-hard comics fans, as well as those simply looking to kill some time on a weekend.
“We’re not so much concerned with making a profit as we are transforming Vancouver into a city of story-telling and comics,” notes the event’s website.
However, for the die-hard fans willing to spend a little extra, there is a VIP package containing:
- Ten limited edition VanCAF 2014 postcards, featuring exclusive art donated by Natasha Allegri, Renee Nault, Sam Logan, Simon Roy, Lucy Bellwood, Josue Menjivar, Tony Cliff, Nina Matsumoto, Jonathon Dalton, and Molly Nemecek
- An exclusive VanCAF 2014 poster art print, featuring art by Tony Cliff
- Three raffle tickets for the VanCAF 2014 gift baskets, with contributions from Oni Press, Metropolis Comics & Toys, Broken Pencil Magazine, Urban Fare, and more
- A VanCAF vinyl backpack
- Two refreshment vouchers
- An issue of Broken Pencil Magazine
- Reserved VIP seating at all events in the panel room.
VIP Packages are $15 each or $55 for four, with only 100 packages available.
The show has enjoyed a growing audience since its inception in 2012, attracting 8200 attendees and 214 exhibitors over two years. With a long list of special guests in attendance for 2014, this year’s festival is shaping up to be the biggest and best yet.
Vancouver Comic Arts Festival 2014
- Date: Saturday, May 24 to Sunday, May 25
- Time:10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday
- Location: 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver
- Website: http://www.vancaf.com/
Featured Image: Vancouver Comic Arts Festival