On April 3, Vancouver’s startup accelerators and incubators are sharing their resources, knowledge and opening up their networks for a full day of activities.
The day will start with a workshop series featuring topics like:
- Early Fundraising (Bonnie Foley-Wong, Pique Ventures)
- Getting Media Attention (Amie Rotherham, Rsquared & John Gray, BetaKit)
- Customer Acquisition & Sales Funnel (Matthew Moore, WebMD, Netscape)
- Product Process (Michael Tippett, HootSuite)
- Why a Community Manager Should be In Your First Five Hires (Crystal Henrickson, Invoke Labs)
- Cap Tables & Valuation (Mark Longo, LaBarge Weinstein)
- Design Driven Development (Haig Armen, ECUAD)
- Founder Stories and more
The evening session will kick off with a showcase of the hottest startups from the Cascadia region followed by a pitch competition.
After Party at Society with Tangoo
And to wrap up a day of learning and networking, Vancouver-based startup Tangoo, who is on a journey to Dragons’ Den next month, will host Cascadia Startup Day’s official after party at Society in Yaletown.
Come learn, be inspired and make those key connections that will accelerate your startup to the next level!
Buy tickets here. Use the special promo code cascadiafriends and get 25% off for Vancity Buzz readers.
- 8:15-8:45 a.m.: Registration
- 8:45-Noon: Panel & Workshops
- Noon-12:15 p.m.: Closing Address
- 5-6 p.m.: Cascadia startup showcase (cast your vote for your favourite company!)
- 6:15-7:30 p.m.: Top 5 companies pitch
- 7:30-9 p.m.: Winners announced and evening reception
- 9 p.m.: AFTER PARTY at Society Yaletown