With Spring Break around the corner, many families will be packing their bags for the pursuit of sunshine. Destination? Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix. Lucky for them, there are plenty of fitness and family activities to help get over the winter blues.
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in Phoenix is offering non-stop fun for families over spring break with special activities and experiences for all ages March 15 – April 30, 2014.
Already a hit with families with its 563 all-suite accommodations and four-acre River Ranch water park that features a winding lazy river, water slide, and mini golf, Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort is offering additional programming and activities just for family spring break travelers.
Key activities include:
- With a focus on active fun, each Wednesday afternoon kids of all ages can get moving to the sounds of Latin American dance music with a complimentary “Yote’s Yumba” class led by a certified Zumba instructor.
- On Saturdays, families can explore the desert with an instructor-led hike through the surrounding Phoenix Mountain Reserves that includes a keepsake photo, bottled water and fresh fruit ($6 per person). Families with children over 12 can also enjoy a more rigorous active family outing on Tuesdays and Thursdays with an instructor-led “Desert Power Walk,” a walking adventure that winds through the rugged desert terrain that surrounds the resort ($10 per person).
- After challenging the body, families are invited to challenge their minds with complimentary fun and interactive trivia and games. Each Thursday, families can take-on a Scavenger Hunt challenge that will take them throughout the resort to pick-up clues and items. Upon completion of the hunt, each family will be entered into a drawing for a prize.
- Families can also challenge other families to a 100-piece puzzle challenge on Fridays. Family bingo, Arizona trivia and other family-focused challenges are offered throughout the week.
- When families have worked up an appetite, they can treat themselves to variety of sweet treats. Each Sunday, families can indulge in an old fashioned pie eating contest. Wednesdays, all ages can cool off with a tasty treat during an ice cream social, and on Thursday nights families can gather around the fire and enjoy story time and s’ mores.
- In addition to these special spring break activities, guests can enjoy daily poolside activities and fun at the resort’s River Ranch water park, including “Dive-In” movies in the pool each Friday night.