A man has been arrested as a result of a police investigation into a series of arsons this weekend. Seven dumpsters were set ablaze in the Granville Entertainment District early Saturday morning.
Around 12:30 a.m. on March 22nd, police learned of a dumpster fire in the west lane of the 900 block of Granville Street. Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services quickly extinguished the flames.
Over the next 40 minutes, six more dumpster fires were discovered by police and Community Safety Officers. All the fires were set in lanes off the Granville Entertainment District.
- Fire #1, 967 Granville Street, west lane
- Fire #2, 957 Granville Street, west lane
- Fire #3, 900 Granville Street, west lane
- Fire #4, 1005 Granville Street, west lane
- Fire #5, 1026 Granville Street, east lane
- Fire #6, 1082 Granville Street, east lane
- Fire #7, 1238 Seymour Street, east lane
Shortly after 1 a.m. Saturday, police located a suspect in the area of Granville and Davie Street.
Forty-three year old Andrew John Kyle of Vancouver has been charged with one count of arson. He remains in custody, pending his court appearance scheduled for 9:30 this morning in Vancouver Provincial Court.
Police tape image via Shutterstock