CelticFest Vancouver 2014
Now in its 10th year, CelticFest Vancouver is back for nine jam packed days of music, dance, theatre, spectacle and much more! From March 8 to 16, Vancouver will see over 80 free and ticketed festival shows and events.
CelticFest Vancouver is Western Canada’s biggest annual Celtic festival and is put on by the CelticFest Vancouver Society, a non-profit whose mission is to bring together the local community and deliver education on global Celtic heritage, art and cultural traditions. They also promote and showcase local and international Celtic music, dance, spoken word, theatre, film, arts, crafts, food/beverage and Highland sports.
The seven Celtic nations include: Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Galicia, Brittany, Cornwall and Isle of Man.
Ticketed concerts and events
- March 8: The Irish Edge – The Rickshaw Theatre
- March 12: A Whisky Kiss – The Cellar
- March 13: Ceili’s Kitchen Party – Ceili’s Modern Irish Pub (Granville)
- March 14: CelticFest 10th Anniversary Gala – Vogue Theatre
- March 15: Something Sort of Grandish – Tom Lee Music Hall
- March 15: CelticFest Ceilidh – Vancouver FanClub
- March 16: CelticFest Sunday Session – Tom Lee Music Hall
- March 8: Celts on the Creek – The Village on False Creek
- March 15: Tom Lee Music Workshops – Tom Lee Music, Granville
- March 15-16: Celtic Village & Street Market – Granville Street
- March 12-17: Doolins Irish Pub and The Cellar
- March 12-17: Mahony & Sons
- March 13-17: Ceili’s Granville & Kitsilano
To celebrate the start of CelticFest, we’re giving away a pair of tickets to The Irish Edge on March 8 (9 p.m. at The Rickshaw Theatre, Doors at 8 p.m.). The Irish Edge will see Limerick, Ireland’s Hermitage Green making their first-ever Canadian appearance along with Vancouver’s Vagabonds. To enter, do at least one of the following (additional entries of up to 4 are bonus entries):
1. Retweet the following on Twitter:
- Win a pair of tickets to @CelticFestVan’s The Irish Edge featuring @HermitageGreen via @VancityBuzz http://ow.ly/ubS41 RT to enter!
2. Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VCBuzz
3. Leave a comment below letting us know which CelticFest event you’re most looking forward to.
4. Like this photo on our Facebook page.
Contest ends Friday, March 7 at 2 p.m. One winner will be chosen at random.
Vancity Buzz is proud to be a media partner of CelticFest Vancouver