When Live Nation and brand.Live announced the lineup for this year’s Squamish Fest, the internet went wild in anticipation of Eminem, Bruno Mars, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys, Felix Cartal, The Roots and many, many more.
Now in its fifth year, the Squamish Valley Music Festival’s venue area is significantly larger than previous years – from 30 acres to 81 acres on Centennial Fields – and is expected to welcome over 35,000 fans per day (up from 19,000 per day in 2013) from across the continent.
Squamish Valley Music Festival has engaged Blueprint Events, western Canada’s leading Electronic Dance Music (EDM) promoter, to curate the Festival’s newly redesigned EDM arena.
We’re giving away TWO weekend passes to the Squamish Valley Musical Festival to one lucky winner. To enter, you must do the following:
1. Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/VCBuzz
3. Retweet the following on Twitter:
- Win 2 weekend passes to @squamishfest via @Vancitybuzz, @livenation & @brandlivegroup http://ow.ly/td7kT RT to Enter!
4. Like this photo on our Facebook page.
Once you’ve done all three steps, leave a comment below telling us you’ve entered and who you want to see most!
Contest ends February 10, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. One winner will be selected at random.
NOTE: The contest is for two weekend passes only. No camping, no parking and no accommodation. The winner will have to arrange the rest themselves.
Squamish Valley Music Festival 2014 Ticket Information
The event is also expanding its use of an RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) enabled wristband system. Ticketholders will receive their RFID wristband via registered mail in the weeks leading up the event and must register online to activate it. The RFID system will allow for smoother, more efficient access at gates, faster processing for all onsite transactions and will allow Festival staff to better assist guests.
Weekend passes to the Squamish Valley Music Festival go on sale Friday, February 7 at 10 a.m. Tickets will be available at Ticketmaster.
Virgin Mobile Members pre-sale starts Monday, February 3 at 10 a.m. and ends Thursday, February 5 at 4 p.m. Members who purchase a Festival pass will receive a $20 credit applied to their RFID wristband, while quantities last.
- Single Day Pass: $149 plus fees and shipping
- Weekend Pass: $250, $295, $325, plus fees and shipping
- VIP Pass: $599 plus fees and shipping
- MUSICBOX Package: Exclusive private suites with 20 VIP weekend passes
- Parking Pass: $125 for the weekend
- Children (12 and under): FREE (when accompanied by a full paying adult; proof of age required)
Camping is sold by plots and one camping ticket gets you one 10′ x 12′ plot and four Camping wristbands specifically assigned to that location. Each camping plot is $350. On-site premium camping is $1,000 and gets you one 15′ x 15′ plot, four camping wristbands and one parking pass.
Camping passes do not give access to festival grounds: festival passes must be purchased separately.
For more information on Squamish Valley Music Festival 2014, visit the official event website: www.squamishfestival.com.
Location & Transportation
- GPS Address: 39641 Loggers Lane, Squamish, BC
- Number of parking spots available ($125 for the weekend):
- 3,000 within walking distance
- 6,000 in other areas with shuttle bus service to the festival site
- Bus Shuttles:
- Price for a return ticket on the Vancouver to Squamish shuttle: $50
- Price for a return ticket on the Whistler to Squamish shuttle: $50
- Price for bike valet: FREE
- Number of bike parking spots available: 2,000
Image: Bruno Mars