Canada’s flagship stadium BC Place will be hosting two major international soccer (football) matches this year in the lead up to the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015.
Canada will host two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup winners Germany on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 and the reigning FIFA Women’s World Cup champion Japan on Tuesday, October 28, 2014.
The two matches will provide Canadian soccer fans with an incredible opportunity to cheer on Canada, led by inspiration captain Christine Sinclair, as the team builds momentum towards next year’s Women’s World Cup held on Canadian territory.
In the summer of 2015, BC Place will become one of the primary venues of the international tournament and is slated to host the final match in the championship.
“To ensure Canada’s Women’s National Team offers consistent, world-class performances, Canada Soccer believes that it must play against quality opponents more often, and play at home on a regular basis,” said Victor Montagliani, President of Canada Soccer.
“Vancouver has demonstrated its enthusiasm towards the beautiful game and we are thrilled to bring some of the fiercest opponents international women’s soccer can offer so that our Women’s National Team can experience the support of their home fans again on the road to Canada 2015.”
International Friendlies 2014 – Women’s Soccer at BC Place
- Germany vs. Canada: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 7 p.m.
- Japan vs. Canada: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 7 p.m.
- Single tickets for Canada vs. Germany go on sale Friday, February 21, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PST on Ticketmaster. Tickets start at $20.00 (plus applicable fees).
- TWO-MATCH PACK of tickets featuring both Germany and Japan will go on sale on Friday, February 21, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. PST on Ticketmaster. Bundle 2-match pack tickets start at $36.00 (plus applicable fees).
- Single tickets for Canada vs. Japan will go on sale at a later date.
A limited pre-sale will end on Thursday, February 20 at 11:59 p.m. PST. Enter the promo code: CANVWC
Featured Image: BC Place