Returning for 2014’s first installment, Hawkers Market is back at East Van Studios with the intention of invigorating local food entrepreneurs and food culture in Vancouver.
This is by far the most diverse market yet, with mini workshops on Kombucha being held by O5 Tea, 33 Acres Brewing as our beer vendor serving up both California Common and 33 Acres of Life. We have also partnered up with maQ Local Soju from Burnaby and the Artful Desperado to create soju cocktails for the market featuring the local distiller.
The food is exceptionally diverse as well, there’s raw chocolates, and raw vegan desserts, vegan pop up kale taco bar, 4 food truck including Reel Mac and Cheese, Fliptop and The Fat Duck Mobile Eatery. Among these we have several other new vendors launching for the first time, as well as some favourites from 2013 back with new food and refined ideas.
There are several non alcoholic options as well, including hot and cold brewed teas from Ooloo Tea and Coffee from raw foodist Living Lotus. They even have gluten free pasta, this event has all the food bases covered and has collected some of the most interesting new food businesses in Vancouver who we believe are Vancouver’s new food pioneers.
Tickets to Hawkers Market are $10/fee advance or $15 at the Door go towards helping to support local food entrepreneurship by allowing these businesses exposure and a place to conduct commerce. An opportunity many of them would not otherwise have at this level.
Those interested in Bitcoin will be excited to know Hawkers Market also now accepts Bitcoin and will be taking Bitcoin payments at the market for beer.
Hawkers Market Lineup
- 33 Acres Brewing – 2 beers on tap (new) 33 Acres of Life and California Common (Accepting Bitcoins for Beers)
- Cocktail Bar featuring maQ local soju distilled in Vancouver – Infused Sojus and Cocktails (by Hawkers Market Team and maQ) pronounced “MEK” (new)
- One cocktail will feature kombucha from O5 tea. We have partnered up with our good friend and blogger for these cocktails the http://www.theartfuldesperado.com
- We have been planning as a team and he will be serving them at the market on Feb 8th.
- 6 Legs Good Apiaries – Honey, Honeycomb, Cheese (new)
- Yaya’s Kitchen – Pakistani Food cooked by cooking instructor Shanaz Afsar and her friend Yaya
- Living Lotus – Espresso and Raw, Gluten Free, Vegan sweets
- The Fat Duck Truck – These guys are amazing. We love them.
- Sincerely Pasta – Fried Ravioli (Gluten Free!) (new)
- Ceiba Gourmet – Cajeta and Mexican food, This is the only place you can get Cajeta in Canada!
- Sweet Petite Confectioner – Cake Truffles, look out for new crazy flavours here. Always changing, always something new for hawkers
- Brown Paper Packages Ice Cream – Slinging cold treats as always, new flavours and desserts
- The Wonton Girl – Wontons – Back with new items for 2014!
- The Candymeister Truck
- Reel Mac and Cheese Truck – Movie themed Mac and Cheeses (new)
- Bumble & Oak – Raw Chocolates, absolutely incredible! Very cool flavour combos, texture was ureal (new)
- Kombucha from the Brewmaster Rosie at O5 Tea (new concept launching) (new)
- Mini Workshops on Kombucha at this table! If you are super lucky you might score a SCOBY.
- (This is the best kombucha I have ever tasted, more like a wine than Kombucha..sensational)
- Gems in our hands – holistically nutritional driven food, raw kale tacos in a few lovely variations (new)
- Flip Top Truck – Filipino delights (new)
- Oollo Tea – Hot Teas