The hottest concert ticket in town this winter is the much-anticipated CBC Toque Sessions. This free concert series returns to the CBC Vancouver Broadcast Centre on Thursday, January 23 at 7:30 pm with performances from Canadian country pop-singers Hayley and Jess Moskaluke. These two artists are the hottest new faces on the country music scene, blowing up the charts and surprising audiences with masterful guitar playing and rich, gritty vocals.
“CBC Vancouver’s Toque Sessions is one of the city’s local gems,” says Johnny Michel, senior managing director of CBC British Columbia and Alberta. “Not only are the weekly concerts opportunities to get out and experience a terrific free evening with friends and family, but concert-goers are treated to some of the best and diverse Canadian musical talent this country has to offer.”
Now in its 5th year, the CBC Vancouver’s Toque Sessions free concert series runs each Thursday and Friday beginning at 7:30pm in Studio One at the CBC Broadcast Centre at 700 Hamilton Street (between Robson and Georgia) from January 23 – February 28, 2014.
There will be no reservations for the performances. A rush line will be in place for each show, beginning at 6:30pm, and seating is limited.
The full series line-up is:
- Thursday, January 23 – Hayley and Jess Moskaluke
- Friday, January 24 – The Belle Game
- Thursday, January 30 – Murray Porter
- Friday, January 31 – Anciients
- Thursday, February 6 – Good For Grapes
- Friday, February 7 – Hannah Epperson
- Thursday, February 13 – The Harpoonist and the Axe Murderer
- Friday, February 14 – Blackie and the Rodeo Kings
- Thursday, February 20 – Said the Whale
- Friday, February 21 – Dean Brody
- Thursday, February 27 – Dan Brubeck Quartet
- Friday, February 28 – Hannah Georgas and Ryan Guldemond