What sets the Vancouver Aquarium apart from other facilities around the world? It would be its educational and conservational focus above practically everything else, and its imaginative and witty ads are no exception to this.
Now 57 years old, the not-for-profit public aquarium attracts nearly a million visitors every single year and is Canada’s only world-class facility and one of the city’s flagship institutions.
At the moment, the facility is undergoing its most significant expansion and revitalization in decades – a $100-million project that will include expanded pools for its animals among many improvements and additions.
Beyond its quarters within Stanley Park, it carries a much larger mandate that also involves rescuing and rehabilitating sick or orphaned marine mammals, carrying out important marine life research and undertaking thorough shoreline cleanups.
The Vancouver Aquarium is also the first facility in the world to implement an organizational core value to never again capture, or cause to be captured, a wild whale or dolphin.
Without further ado, here are 32 cleverly creative and educational Vancouver Aquarium ads produced by TAXI Canada.
1. Jaws sighting at Stanley Park?
High Tide Low Tide
2. Anglerfish Street Light
3. This is not an option.
4. Nor is this an option…
5. Forget about it… this is wishful thinking.
6. Optical illusions.
8. A spineless animal.
9. What ‘Finding Nemo’ doesn’t want you to know about…
10. “Goodbye tail, hello legs”
13. Aim to find out!
14. Frog Extinction: Nightmare Scenario A
15. Frog Extinction: Nightmare Scenario B
16. Frog Extinction: Nightmare Scenario C
17. “Imagine yourself in our world.”
18. Woodland Critter audience a.k.a. the locals.
19. You learn something new everyday.
20. “Don’t let their beauty distract you…”
21. “It’s safer to stare at the aquarium.”
22. A penguin meets the local owls.
23. A penguin’s way of greeting the local ducks.
24. This bird is not your local robin…
25. Penguin Point: the Vancouver Aquarium’s newest attraction.
26. “Waddle Lane” on the Stanley Park Seawall.
27. Embrace your inner child.
29. One one thousand, two one thousand…
30. We have a jellyfish invasion problem.
32. It’s true. Great things are done at the Vancouver Aquarium Marine Mammal Rescue Centre every single day.
Images: Vancouver Aquarium / TAXI Canada