Vancouver Police are warning the public after two women were attacked on the west side of Vancouver.
The first incident involved a 37 year old woman, who was attacked on August 3rd at 1:30 a.m. in the area of 6th Avenue and Moberley Street.
The second attack happened at approximately 3:45 a.m. on August 4th, when a 20 year old Vancouver woman was walking northbound on Dunbar Street from West 41st Avenue. She screamed for help and fought off the attacker who then fled southbound on Dunbar Street.
Investigators are aggressively following up on both cases. however, the evidence suggests that the two incidents are not related.
Personal Safety Tips
- be aware of your surroundings – the use of earphones make it hard to be fully aware of an attacker approaching
- stay alert and walk with a sense of purpose – attackers are more likely to target a person who appears uncertain or afraid
- walk with a friend, use well-lit streets, stay to the middle of the sidewalk and avoid alleyways
- if you think someone is following you, cross the street and turn to walk in the opposite direction to get a good look at them and then go find the nearest place to call police
- if you think a car is following you, immediately turn around and walk the other way, take note of the driver and license plate number and call police
Featured Image: Vancouver Firebuff