Thousands attended Anime Revolution 2013 over the weekend at the Vancouver Convention Centre to celebrate Japanese anime and culture. Many who were there also participated in cosplay, short for “costume play,” in which attendees wear costumes to mimic a character from a work of fiction.
Most cosplay costumes are homemade (especially if they choose to enter into a cosplay contest) and, depending on the detail and complexity of their designs, requires several days or even weeks to create their works.
This was the largest Anime Revolution ever, and that says a lot as this is the city’s largest comic and animation oriented convention. More than 8,000 attended the convention over the weekend, which was packed with panels, events, live music, autograph signings, photo opportunities, anime movie screenings, vendors and even a fashion show.
- SEE ALSO: Anime Revolution 2013 – Jessica Nigri
As expected, the cosplay characters at Anime Revolution 2013 were predominantly characters from Japanese anime. For more photos of stunning cosplay costumes at this year’s Anime Revolution, be sure to visit and follow Pinetree Creative’s Facebook page.
1. She understands the importance of posing.
2. The League of Legends’ Ahri (far left) and Shingeki no Kyojin (far right) beautifully sandwich this cosplay possy.
3. Lolitas. (Yes, that’s what they are called)
4. The Ice Queen from Adventure Time was pretty cold to us.
5. She happened. =)
6. Nidalee, from the League of Legends, stares at your very soul.
7. Link from the Legend of Zelda, taking out his sword upon the sight of the cameraman.
8. Two Master Chiefs from Halo. “They went the extra mile” is an understatement.
9. Dead Master from Black Rock Shooter. We’ve got to admit, with that thing she was holding she was quite intimidating.
10. We couldn’t hear who he was through his helmet, but he was super cool with having his photo taken.
11. Miku Hatsune from Vocaloids. We weren’t vocal enough, apparently.
12. Pirates of the Caribbean’s Captain Jack Sparrow demanded booze and booty. We complied for this photo.
13. Pyramid Hill from Silent Hill… we’re pretty sure he wandered away from the 2013 Zombie Walk.
14. This guy totally nailed the pointy hair thing from Dragonball Z. #Gotenks
15. Uh-oh, Pedo Bear’s eyes are locked right on us. RUN AWAY!
16. Master Yi from the League of Legends. For our sake, we hope his vision is impaired.
17. Cammy from Street Fighter. We salute you too, for your bravery.
18. Toy Story 2’s Stinky Pete and Bo Peep fit together quite nicely.
19. The gang from Sailor Moon (from left to right: Sailor Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Mercury and Pluto).
20. San from Princess Mononoke. Naturally, we found her in a tree.
21. The Marvel Crew.
22. These two Harley Quinn’s do not want to share the Joker.
23. Loki always loses against The Avengers. Will he ever learn?
24. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven… EIGHT! This Superman is LOVING the attention he’s getting.
25. Natasha Romanov is FABULOUS!
26. The one and only Jessica Nigri is always a treat for cosplay fans.
Didn’t see your photo? For more photos of stunning cosplay costumes at this year’s Anime Revolution, be sure to visit and follow Pinetree Creative’s Facebook page.
Images: PineTree Creative. And with thanks to Winnie Chuang.