Nutella eaten straight from the jar is awesome. But, it can get boring when you have two Costco-sized jars in your pantry.
This is my current predicament. Off I went to my favourite recipe resource, Pinterest, to find a Nutella recipe. There are so many options! I’ve already shared my success with the Nutella Cookies. Here is a fudgier option for Nutella goodness.
After clicking through several pins, I decided to give this one a shot. I had almost everything the recipe needs. The original recipe calls for powdered sugar to dust over the completed bites, but I didn’t have any so these ones are without the pretty sugar topping.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
I added extra chocolate chips because I had them in my pantry, and who wouldn’t want extra chocolate? I also added cinnamon to give more flavour to the bites. You could also grate some fresh nutmeg into the batter if you have some on hand.
This will be the easiest recipe ever. Here we go:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Grease the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or butter.
- Put two tablespoons of batter into muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes. It is done when a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.
I baked my batter in a regular-sized muffin tin. You can also bake them in mini muffin tins, and reduce the baking time to 13 to 15 minutes. This recipe makes 12 regular sized bites, and 24 mini sized bites.