On June 25, join The Vancouver Board of Trade and learn how your small businesses can leverage the world’s most popular social media network — Facebook. Brooke Oberwetter will discuss how to use Facebook effectively for business, and how the social media outlet can help small business grow and expand their customer base.
With more than one billion users worldwide, Facebook presents an enormous opportunity for businesses to reach consumers in new markets. Small businesses across Canada are already using Facebook to connect with customers and respond to their wants and needs — but is your company doing everything it can?
This presentation will guide attendees through the three key steps to small business success on Facebook — be discoverable, find customers, and build relationships — including how to apply those lessons to a mobile web strategy.
Don’t miss this opportunity to take your Facebook experience to the next level.
Event: Facebook – Making Small Business Social
Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Speaker: Brooke Oberwetter – Associate Manager, Policy Communications at Facebook
- Registration: 5:30 p.m.
- Networking Reception: 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Program: 6:15 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Location: The Star Sapphire Ballroom at Fairmont Pacific Rim (1038 Canada Place)
Tickets (includes 1 drink and light refreshments):
- Members – Individuals: $55 + GST
- Non-members – Individuals: $110 + GST
- Number of Facebook users: 1.11 billion
- Daily active Facebook users: 665 million, an increase of 26% year-over-year
- Average time spent per Facebook visit: 20 minutes
- Number of Facebook pages: 50 million
- Average number of monthly posts per Facebook page: 36
- Number of Facebook apps: 10 million
- Average number of page likes per Facebook user: 40
- Number of Facebook pages promoting posts: 500,000
- Number of Facebook pages promoted posts: 2.5 million
- Number of Facebook page offer claims: 42 million
- Number of connections between local businesses and users: 2 billion
- Average number of weekly local business views: 645 million
- Average number of weekly comments on local business pages: 13 million