When it comes to night markets in the Lower Mainland, the suburb of Richmond is king. However, another suburb, just a SeaBus ride away has its very own night market: the North Vancouver Shipyards Night Market 2013 will take place on Thursdays and Fridays from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. The night market will feature 15 food carts, live music and over 50 vendors.
The market location, at Shipyards Plaza, is perfectly situated along the new Spirit Trail. The Pier development neighbours by with over 10 residential towers, Lonsdale Quay, the Seabus and many other businesses.
The objective of the markets is to develop a North Vancouver tourist and community evening event, showcasing Canadian made products, unique foods, art, and local entertainment.
The location will make this event a perfect destination to bike, walk, rollerblade… or hop onto the bus or SeaBus and relax at the Pier; take in the sights, sunsets, shop, eat and be entertained.
- To become North Vancouver’s premium tourist destination, showcasing local talent
- In collaboration with the Lower Lonsdale Business Association
- Local singers, dancers and performers will be highlighted
- Unique food booths will showcase different ethnic meals and snacks
- July 1st Canada day celebrations at the market
- Board games will be set up, for people to play chess and backgammon
- Estimated attendance will be 5,000 people per night
- 70 vendor booths, selling LOCAL clothing, art, jewellery, hot food, and more focus on Canadian products, no imported items will be allowed
- Strong marketing plan will bring people out from all over
- Just off the seabus and transit routes
- The Night Market will be an integral part of the revitalization of the Waterfront
North Vancouver Night Market 2013
Dates: Thursdays and Fridays, May 10 to Oct 10, 2013
Time: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Location: Shipyards Plaza – 138 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver