The Old Vancouver Stock Exchange operated out of 475 Howe Street from 1929 to 1960, making it the focus of the city’s original financial district. Since then, the financial district has shifted slightly west. SwissReal, the building’s current owner, has conceived a plan to transform the office space into a world-class sustainable building, rising above the Old Stock Exchange site.
Here is another render for the project:
The original building design was met with neighbourhood opposition and thus had to be tweaked. This is the latest iteration and of course the design may still change.
Images: The Exchange