With March break around the corner, you’ll want to think of a few ways of keeping the young ones busy and active. Badminton Vancouver is offering their Spring Break Camp for eight to 16-year-olds who want to sharpen their skills during the break. Who better to teach them than two-time Olympian turned coach Anna Rice along with the Badminton Vancouver team.
Camp Dates: Monday, March 25 to Friday, March 29
Camp coaches: Anna Rice and Melody Liang
Camp hours: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.- lunch break- 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Here’s what you can expect.
Beginner to intermediate participants will learn basic shot techniques:
- such as the forehand and backhand serves
- the overhead clear
- the overhead drop
- drives as well as an introduction to the power smash.
- Four corner footwork
- basic strategy and pattern drills will also be taught.
Intermediate to advanced players will learn high level shot techniques:
- the slice shot
- the spinning net shot and the stick smash.
- Offense and defense footwork, singles and doubles strategy and concentration training will be taught.