With the awards season upon us, movie enthusiasts are eager to see all of this year’s nominees and relive some of their past favourites. This is the time of the year, where many of us get to put on our director’s hat and share our best Siskel and Ebert impressions. My favourite part of this season is gathering with friends and chatting about our top picks and predictions, adding some movie trivia and of course, critiquing the red carpet looks!
On Thursday, February 7th, Vancity Buzz will be hosting the Redbox Red Carpet Twitter party together with Redbox, Frugal Edmonton Mama and Mike’s Bloggity Blog. We want to talk with you about the awards’ season, nominated movies and past winners – and we’ll have some fun prizes to award over the hour!
What: Redbox Red Carpet Twitter party
When: Thursday, February 7th at 8:00 pm PST
Hosted by: @VancityBuzz, @Frugalyegmama and @mikesbloggity
To clarify, this party is happening all online but please RSVP so we know who to expect! We’ll check the guest list when distributing prizes throughout the hour so please sign up if you think you will join us.
*Use your Twitter handle for the Link Title (ie. @YourUsername) and your Twitter URL in the Link Field (ie. www.twitter.com/yourtwitterhandle).*
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Redbox is a movie rental kiosk that you’ve probably seen in your communities (think: big red box at Safeway, Walmart and Mac’s) that carries the latest award-winning Blue-ray Discs, DVDs and video games. There are more than 300 boxes across Canada, so Canadians are never far from the movies they love. For less than $2, you can rent all of your award-season favourites, and why not host a viewing party ahead of the show?
Here’s how it works:
- Renting from Redbox is easy: touch the screen to pick your movie, then swipe your credit card and go!
- The Redbox rent-and-return-anywhere policy makes it easy for families to rent and return movies and games on the go.
- Redbox will save a copy of your movie for you! Canadians can reserve their awards-season favourite online at redbox.ca before leaving the house, then pick it up when they get to the box.
- Redbox adds new titles to the box every week. Like Redbox Canada on Facebook for updates on what’s new.
Best of all, there are no subscriptions, contracts or surprises. I’ve been guilty of picking up a movie or two, after a late night snack run to Safeway (popcorn, ice cream, chips – all the healthy stuff!).
Redbox is also hosting a Red Carpet Contest in Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton on February 24, 2013.
One winner in each city will receive the following prize:
- Dinner for 10 at a local restaurant, including appetizers, main course, desserts and beverages.
- Reserved seating at an awards-season themed party, complete with a red carpet, for the big show.
- Gift bags with a Redbox branded t-shirt and free promo codes.
- Participants can enter at redboxredcarpet.ca. Contest closes on February 10, 2013.
- Bonus entries can be earned by taking the Redbox “Movie Trivia” Challenge at redboxredcarpet.ca.
Amazing, right? Will you be joining us? What are your favourite picks for this awards season?