Celebrities will close its doors on January 2nd, 2013 and will celebrate the upcoming changes in the week leading up to the closure, with some major events. Ownership plans to implement changes that will see the club become an international destination. One of the better night spots in town, the club has played a vital role in the Vancouver LGBT community and the dedication to the community that has been maintained since 1978.
Celebrities has served as a leader in the LGBT nightlife scene since 1980 and icon in Vancouver’s night life scene. Celebrities attracts internationally celebrated DJs and performers from all around the world, including Tiesto, David Guetta, Skrillex, Boy George and Ru Paul.
Reason for renovations/changes:
The renovation comes at the start of the new year following the resolution by ownership to give the nightclub the all-encompassing renewal it deserves – leveraging the venue to exceed its notorious reputation as the number one dance club on the west coast, to reach an international destination scale.
Changes to expect:
- Celebrities will reopen its doors in early February, unveiling exciting features and additions, to arouse the senses of all devotees – new or old, straight or gay.
- Partygoers can expect the renewal to embody the timeless spirit of Celebrities’ infamous charm – including a revamped sound system by one of the leading loudspeaker inventors in the world, Funktion 1, and a design overhaul by Vancouver-based BOX interiors; reinforcing Celebrities’ commitment to set the bar for a bigger and better dance scene.
- The club will boast the latest in state of the art technology, lighting, sound and aesthetics, and will unveil an exciting new feature that will remain under wraps until the club’s grand re-opening party.
- Celebrities’ ownership assures fans that they can expect weekly club nights to remain the same following renovations, including the nostalgic “Celebrities Famous Tuesday”, “Faded Wednesdays”, “Hard Candy Thursday” and “Stereotype Fridays”.
- But with every revamp must come a new tradition to carry forward, and Celebrities will be announcing a brand new Saturday club-night that will launch with the club’s reopening.