If you are cleaning out your closets this holiday season. Consider donating your used clothes and small household items to Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver and support at-risk children in our community. Click here to book a FREE home pick-up date online today!
Did you know that one in four Lower Mainland children grow up without a positive adult mentor in their lives? United Way currently estimates there to be some 10,000 Lower Mainland children who could benefit from having a mentor.
At Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver, we help match kids with positive adult mentors who lead by example and help kids develop confidence to reach their full potential.
THE BENEFITS OF BIG BROTHERS PROGRAMS
For the Children Involved
• Heightened self-esteem
• Less likelihood to be violent or tolerate bullying
• More trust and ability to express feelings
For Society as a Whole
• Improved school environment
• Better university attendance and salary earnings
• More resources for single parent families
Big Brothers Clothing Donation collects goods for resale in Value Village stores. Your donations provide affordable product for the community and the proceeds benefit Big Brothers mentoring programs for children.
We use the funds to recruit, screen and train volunteers, as well as further develop our programs to meet changing community needs. In other words, your donations help Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver match at-risk children with positive adult mentors. In fact, clothing donation comprises over 50% of their funding.
ACCEPTABLE ITEMS: All types of clothing, accessories & footwear, small household items and lots more. Visit www.BIGclothingDonation.com for a full list of items
Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver has kindly offered up a $100 gift card to Pacific Centre.
1. Retweet the following:
- Book a clothing pickup with @bigbrosonline & help kids get mentors http://ow.ly/garRP + RT enter to win a $100 Pacific Centre gift card.
2. Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VCBuzz
3. Leave a comment on this blog post telling us your favourite store in Pacific Centre.
Contest ends January 1, 2013. One winner will be drawn at random.