Yesterday night, a total of six pedestrians were hit by vehicles on Vancouver streets. Six. You can’t put full blame on one side, both need to take the necessary measures to prevent accidents like these from happening.
We’re not the only ones concerned, the cries heard across Twitter grew louder as the number of people hit increased. Here’s what some Vancouverites had to say:
Here are some things you can do to help save lives:
- Stay focused on the road.
- Make sure your lights are on once it gets dark out.
- This is Vancouver where it rains a lot and the roads are slippery so, for heavens sake, SLOW DOWN.
- Keep your hands free and off that cellphone! It’s not only dangerous but could get you a $167 ticket.
- Don’t go walking around outside wearing all dark clothing. Nobody can see you and you’re just asking to get hit.
- Look both ways before you cross. Heck, look three or four times just to be sure.
- Don’t assume the car will stop for you. Wait for the driver to see you and come to a stop before beginning to leave the sidewalk.
- Keep your head up when walking on the road, not down on your cellphone!
Stay safe out there people.