Macarons in Vancouver: French Made Baking Part 2
Continuing from our last visit to the macaron baking lesson at French Made Baking, this is part two of the post to highlight the macarons sold at the bakery. Each macaron lesson also lets you take home six of French Made Baking’s macarons; let’s see what is there to offer!
Macarons at French Made Baking are $1.75 each, 6 for $10, or 12 for $19. There are a wide variety of flavours including:
- Framboise Veloutée: Raspberry and dark chocolate ganache
- Le Yuzu: Yuzu juice (citrus) and dark chocolate ganache
- L’Anglais: Earl Grey tea and milk chocolate ganache
- Le Passion: Passion fruit and milk chocolate ganache
- Le Violette: Violet and milk chocolate ganache
- Le Cassis: Blackcurrant ganache
- Le Pistache: Roasted Pistachios and white chocolate ganache
- L’Oriental: Rose Water & Litchi and white chocolate ganache
- Le Cendrillon: Pumpkin ganache & Spices
- Le Breton: Caramel & Fleur de Sel buttercream
I walked away with Le Cassis, Framboise Veloutée, Le Cendrillon, L’Anglais, Le yuzu and Le Breton.
Out of the box of six, these three macarons were my holy trinity: L’Anglais, Le Yuzu, and Le Cendrillon.
For those who like a taste of Autumn, Le Cendrillon macaron was my personal favourite out of the bunch. It had the right balance of spice and sweetness; plus the little pumpkin seed on top was the perfect touch.
Even if you don’t have a sweet tooth, macarons at French Made Baking are just as satisfying because they have a lot of flavour and it’s not as sugary. They’re chewy and sized fairly big as well. Whether it’s a gift for someone or to indulge, a stop at French Made Baking is a must for a Parisian experience.
Vancouver, BC V5T 1R9
(604) 558- 4880
Tuesday- Saturday: 10am-6:30pm