Sunday, October 21st has been circled in many people’s calendar for some time now. I had it circled because it is a marquee match between the Whitecaps and their Pacific Northwest rivals their the Portland Timbers. Now it has been announced that it is going to be Fan Appreciation Day at BC Place. All the more reason to get your butt in a seat.
Fan Appreciation Day
- Mullet barber shop on ‘Caps Kickoff
- 10% mullet discount on regularly priced merchandise
- General merchandise discounts, including $12 for a single Whitecaps FC t-shirt and $10 for multiple t-shirts
- Two-for-one hot dogs at all Dawson Dog locations for the first 30 minutes after gates open
- Team awards – Vote for Player of the Year now
- Season ticket holders will be selected to walk out teams prior to the match
- Whitecaps FC jerseys off the back after the match
- Vancouver Southsiders fancy dress night
- 8,000 fans will receive a Whitecaps FC toque upon exit from match sponsor Kia
Tickets are moving fast. There is under 1500 remaining for the game. I’ll see you there. I’ll be the drunk guy heckling the Timbers in a “retro” Whitecaps jersey from their days at Swangard Stadium.