Mega CRAFT Beer Market opens at Salt Building next summer
CRAFT Beer Market, Restaurant + Bar is a premium casual restaurant concept out of Calgary, with a passion for fresh local food and fresh local beer. It’s slated to open in the historic Salt Building in the Olympic Village next summer, bringing its philosophy of “Think Global, Support Local” to Vancouver.
- Original wood structure from 1930, high ceilings, historic trusses and vintage feel
- Open concept kitchen
- Private room and mezzanine level for special events
- Certified LEED Gold Building
- Largest LEAF Certified Restaurant in Canada (Leaders in Environmentally Accountable Food Service)
- Seating capacity 350
- Ample parking in underground parade across the street
- Canada’s largest selection of draft beer – over 140 beers on tap
- 250 kegs in house that hold 5000 gallons of beer (over 19,000 liters of beer!)
- Over 3 kilometers of draft lines
- Half a million dollar state of the art draft system
- New North American classic cuisine
- Locally sourced fresh produce and meats
- Gluten free, peanut oil free and vegetarian options
- Signature menu items like fast food sushi, beer can chicken and Bier-A-Misu
- Saturday/Sunday brunch
- Extensive wine list and cocktail menu
“With 140 taps, CRAFT Beer Market will have Canada’s largest selection of draft beer,” says General Manager, Scott Frank. “We’ll have everything from classic lagers to new beers from local microbreweries. At CRAFT Beer Market we’re creating a non-pretentious environment for people to learn about beer and experience new styles and flavours.”
Executive Chef Paul McGreevy is looking forward to sharing his menu of New North American Classic Cuisine. “These are timeless comfort dishes and traditional pub favourites mixed with modern fare and innovative combinations,” says McGreevy. CRAFT Beer Market’s culinary lineup will also have considerations for gluten-free, peanut allergies and vegetarians.
CRAFT recently received its Level 1 LEAF Certification making it the largest restaurant in Canada to receive this designation. This was achieved through a sustainable waste management program of composting, recycling and using biodegradable containers and paper products as well as incorporating Ocean Wise seafood options and using local producers whenever possible.
Keep up to date on what’s happening with CRAFT Beer Market Vancouver by visiting them online at www.craftbeermarket.ca where you can subscribe to their e-newsletter. Follow them on Twitter @CRAFTbeeryvr or become a Facebook fan at /CRAFTBeerMarketVancouver.
They are holding an open house this weekend. Here are the details:
OPEN HOUSE – Saturday, October 27, 2012
12 – 4pm
Salt Building, 85 West 1st Avenue
*Sample great food, wine and craft beers from some of Vancouver’s best local producers and breweries
*Tour the building and learn about CRAFT Beer Market’s vision for the space
*Meet the neighbours!
*Bring the family – face painters and giveaways!
Image: Acton Ostry Architects (http://www.actonostry.ca/