Dubbed by press and event attendees as the fashion and social event of the summer, The Deighton Cup is back with a vengeance with two signature events. The Big Smoke and The Thoroughbred Race will take place on August 10th and 11th – so get your fascinators, pocket squares and hats ready.
The Big Smoke event will be on Friday August 10th at 5pm at Hastings Racecourse Marquee. This evening will bring together dapper gentlemen and sophisticated ladies for a special preview night of trackside gaming, cigars, pig roast dinner, and a scotch & bourbon tasting. The follow day at noon, Vancouverʼs young professionals will gather at Hastings Racecourse for The Thoroughbred event. Thoroughbred puts a modern twist on a vintage day at the races and was the first of its kind that melded track nostalgia with fashion, music, and craft cocktails. The ladies will be wearing their finest fascinators, while the gentlemen will dabble in games of chance and smoke the finest cigars.
This year, we look forward to the following event highlights:
• An exciting day of thoroughbred horse racing
• Attendance by Miss America 2012 Laura Kepler
• Live Jazz by Maria In the Shower – www.MariaintheShower.com
• A Bourbon Bar featuring Woodford Reserveʼs finest bourbon
• Craft cocktails by Graham Racich
• A Southern inspired barbeque by Cocktails and Canapés
• Auto One Leasing will showcase luxury vehicles
Images c/o Deighton Cup