John Oliver Community Schools Team Preschool and Art Programs
Two preschool summer programs called Family Zone and Camp Art-Tastic are coming up at John Oliver Secondary School. The programs are both organized by John Oliver Community Schools Team, the Vancouver School Board, and YMCA of Greater Vancouver
Here is a brief overview of the summer programs:
Preschool Summer Programs (designed for children between the ages of 2 and 5)
- Family Zone is a program for children ages 2-5 accompanied with their parents. It provides a school-based early learning setting for both children and parents who would like to enhance their children’s school readiness. This community program provides the perfect opportunity for parents and children to learn and play together.
- Takes place at Trudeau Elementary School (449 E. 62nd Ave., Van.) in July and Sexsmith Elementary School (7455 Ontario St., Van.) in August from 9:00am-11:30am, Monday-Friday
- Early-bird price of $15/week (must hand in registration form and money by June 15th) and regular price of $20/week
- Camp Art-Tastic is a specialized art camp for preschool children ages 2-5. The purpose of the program is to develop young children’s artistic skills in the areas of music, dance, and drama. The camps are run by energetic, fun and trained staff, who will keep children active and engaged all day and help connect creativity and inspiration through art.
- Parent supervision is not required
- Takes place at Sexsmith Elementary in August from 12:30pm-3:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Early-bird price of $35/week (must hand in registration form and money by July 13th) and regular price of $40/week
All programs are run by fun, energetic, and trained staff who are all trained in First Aid and have completed High 5 training.
For all questions, concerns, and financial assistance inquiries, please contact 604.713.5883.
Around Town More Vancouver Happenings
It’s official: Victoria’s Secret opening at Metrotown this fall
Huge blow to arts and culture: The Centre for the Performing Arts sold to evangelical church
Best patios in Gastown
Filming in Vancouver: RoboCop and Godzilla
Men of Vancouver: Jay Gulbransen
An Interview with Vancouver actress Sandy Sidhu
Tsawwassen First Nation to build Metrotown-sized shopping centre
Canadian Club Serves up Whisky Whisdom Prize Packs, Valued at Over $250