Now that Christmas is over and we’ve all put on that glorious holiday weight (that we all vow to shed come the new year), one daunting task still remains, taking down the Christmas tree. That is something we all have to do and somehow it just isn’t as much fun as putting one up. For those who opt for real trees you have the extra work of recycling. You could take the easy route and toss it in your neighbours yard and hope no one notices, or you can recycle it at the following locations:
1. Lions Club Christmas Tree Recycling|January 8 – 9, 2011
- Kerrisdale Community Ice Rink parking lot (East Boulevard just north of 41st Ave)
- Kits Beach parking lot (Cornwall and Arbutus Street)
- For you downtown residents, Sunset Beach upper parking lot (Pacific Boulevard and Broughton Street)
- RONA Home and Garden Grandview Store (2727 East 12th Avenue, in the parking lot south of 12th Ave)
2. Christmas Tree Recycling at UBC Point Grey Campus
- Dates and Time: December 26 9:30 AM to Sun, January 8, 2012, 4:30 PM UBC Point Grey Campus
- Location: UBC Botanical Garden Entrance behind the Reception Centre building, at 6804 South West Marine Dr.
- Cost: Suggested $5 donation
3. City Recycling – Free Drop-Off Depots
- Vancouver South Transfer Station, Recycling Depot & Yard Trimmings Drop-off
- Location: 377 West Kent Avenue North
4. Curbside Recycling
- Until January 31, 2011
- Vancouver households with city yard trimmings collections can leave their trees curbside, but the trees must be unbagged and placed at least one metre from wheeled carts before 7am on collection day.
1. Burnaby Yard Waste Depot
- 4800 Still Creek Ave | Web
- Located next to the Recycling Depot. Free drop-off for Christmas trees.
1. Youth Christmas Tree Chipping
- Dates and Times: January 2nd to January 7, 2012. Between 10 am to 4pm
- Location: Emmanuel Covenant Church (17029 16 Ave, Surrey)
2. Christmas Tree Recycling at Newton Athletic Park
- Date: Saturday, January 7, 2012 to Sunday, January 8, 2012
- Location: Newton Athletic Park at 128th and 74th, Surrey
1. Richmond Firefighters Society Tree Recycling
- January 7–8, 2011. 9 a.m.–6 p.m. Garry Point Park, corner of Moncton St. and 7th Ave. | Web
2. City of Richmond curbside pickup Early January 2011 | Web
- Curbside pickup from single-family homes. Please cut and bundle the tree into the 3 feet x 2 feet size limit.
3. City of Richmond Recycling Depot5555 Lynas Lane | Web
4. EcowasteTriangle Road at the south foot of No. 6 Road | Web