Whether it is residential, commercial, transportation or large scale urban planning, in Vancouver development is all around us. This year we told you about a lot of development related stories, here are our top 5 development related posts.
5. Reimagining the Viaducts & The Eastern Core: As Vancouver continues to add more people, they’re going to need jobs and places to live. The vast land to the east of Downtown, known as False Creek Flats, is ripe for redevelopment. However, proper planning must be ensured to properly link it with the rest of downtown. Think of it as an extension of downtown eastwards. Read more.
4. Pacific Centre Expansion plans: Expect a formal announcement shortly on the expansion of Pacific Centre. Read more
3. Fairmont Pacific Rim Penthouse Photos: Photos of a place the majority of us can only dream of affording. More photos here.
2. Vancouver’s Office Construction Cycle Begins: During the last construction boom, office only projects were few and far between. Presently, there is over 4 million sq. ft. of office space on the table for Vancouver. 4 of the larger projects will be commencing in 2012. Read more
1. West Vancouver Home, The Most Expensive in the Country: The title speaks for itself. Read more
Honourable Mention: Vancouver Testing Rubber Sidewalks
Note: The top five is based on page views.