Living in British Columbia, we are lucky to have access to some of the best ski resorts in the country. One of these is Sun Peaks Ski Resort that is located just 45 minutes away from Kamloops. This year, Tod Mountain is celebrating 50 years and they’re kicking things into high gear with a whole slew of special events.
Sun Peaks is known for its great conditions, family-feel and dynamic village. It’s more laid back then other ski options in the region, which is great if you’re just looking to unwind and take in the environment. If you’re not a big skier or snowboarding, there are lots of other activities that will keep you busy like horse drawn sleigh rides, photos shoots and snowshoe tours. My personal pick has to be the Fondue Dinner & Event Descent. A fondue dinner (mmm) followed with a 5 mile ride that is lit by lanterns and your headlamp. Sounds like quite the unique experience.
But don’t take my word for it. Go ahead it try it yourself! The generous folk at Sun Peaks Resort are giving away an amazing package for you and a friend to indulge in the winter wonderland.
- Two (2) nights accommodations at a ski-in/ski-out village hotel
- One (1) day of skiing for two (2) people
- Valid throughout the winter season until April 9, 2012
- Winner is responsible for own travel
- Blackout date may apply (Christmas, President’s Week)
1. RT the following:
- Win a getaway to @SunPeaksResort worth $500 via @VancityBuzz & @Cwistal http://bit.ly/sUbZtD RT to Enter! #VCB12DaysOfGiveaway
2. Enter a comment below with your favourite holiday movie title
Contest ends Dec 18, 2011. One winner will be drawn at random.
To read about what Sun Peaks Resort can offer in the summer, read my post here.
Photo credit: Adam Stein