If you work at a desk, waitress, work in a grocery store or do anything else that is straining on your wrist then this pose is for YOU! There are many different reasons as to why people get diagnosed with Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI); but it is most commonly related to the computer work stations lacking ergonomic adjustments. The most often prescribed treatments for repetitive strain injuries are rest, exercise, braces and massage. Today I give you a wrist toner exercise that just may prevent, or give you relief from, repetitive strain injuries. All you need is a space at the wall big enough to fit your hand!
Wrist toner at the wall
• stand with the right palm on the wall – the thumb points up
• walk away to lean into the wall – feet together
• roll the shoulder back and down and lengthen by pressing away from the wall
• notice the elbow crease faces forward
• stay for about 45 seconds and release to repeat on the other arm
• Stretches and strengthens the
• do not practice this pose if you have serious wrist problems such as carpel tunnel syndrome, consult your doctor before practicing.