Rubik Communications develops intelligent applications for Firefighters, Paramedics, and City Engineers. Started and based in Vancouver, Rubik is looking for a new intern to help with its strategic directives. Here is how you can apply for the position.
Rubik is an exciting opportunity to see an emerging market in the public sector. As technologies in cloud computing grow, an intern at Rubik will be a part of developing services that will power future firefighters, paramedics, and city engineers.
An internship at Rubik means helping the company extend its reach to the market, determining what public agencies need, and maintaining intelligence on the industry. Interns will help determine what requirements make a strong product, and will learn how to perform business analyses on the entire industry. Interns will also be helping developers create documentation and gain experience in project management.
In a nutshell, a Rubik intern will be doing:
- Campaign research and propositions
- Strategic network development
- Use various techniques to establish a strong and relevant network
- Intelligence gathering on customers and competitors
- Formal proposal and presentation management/curation
- Assisting developers with documentation
- Logging progress with development requirements and tracking issues
Details regarding intern position:
- Short-term, unpaid internship
- Interns work 3 days a week
- Receive $15 CAD per diem (spending allowance)
- Internship will begin July 12, 2011
- Internship will end October 1, 2011
- Intern will work in downtown Vancouver at Richards and Hastings
- Intern must have available transit to and from Rubik Office
Additional requirements for the internship position:
- Applicants must either have graduated or be attending a bachelor’s degree program
- Applicants must have minimum two years of post-secondary education
- Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check to ensure company security
- Deadline for applications is July 6, 2011.
Only applicants who are short-listed and meet company requirements will be contacted. Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.