Asian Heritage Month kicked off this Sunday, and for the entire month of May, the Vancouver Asian Heritage Month will be organizing various events in Greater Vancouver that will showcasing Asian culture and heritage.
Some interesting events taking place this week include:
- Generation One is an art exhibition that showcases Asian artists and their creativity and vitality. It is open from May 2 – June 26, at UBC’s Irving K. Barber Centre and is free to the public.
- 2011 Walk-a-Thon for Japan Relief will take place on Saturday, May 7 at Burnaby Lakes Sports Complex, in conjunction with the Korean Society of BC for Fraternity and Culture. Pay $20 for yourself or $30 for the family and take part in supporting Japanese relief efforts.
- Imaginary Enclave is a night of live performances and refreshments at the Richmond Cultural Centre, on May 7 from 6:30-10 pm. Here you’ll see performances by Bio Boxes, stories by Jim Wong Chu, and various other performances with video and so much more!
This week, explorASIAN wants you to try the delicious treats of Charm Modern Thai, who offer an innovative Thai menu utilizing authentic ingredients and techniques in new ways. The dishes are designed to be enjoyed tapas style and paired with PINK Elephant’s signature cocktails.
To Enter simply do both:
1. Retweet the following into twitter:
- I entered to win a $50 @CharmModernThai gift card via @explorASIAN, @Cwistal & @VancityBuzz http://bit.ly/iKnkXb RT to Enter!!
2. Like explorASIAN on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/explorASIAN
Contest Ends: May 6th, 2011. Good luck to everyone that enters!