Image: lululemon There are plenty of great places to StayFitAnywhere in Vancouver this fall and the big box membership gym isn’t the only place. One of the keys to achieving your fitness goals is to find a physical activity that you truly enjoy doing and do it often. Give one, two, three or all seven of the following fitness solutions a shot and you will be on your way to staying fit anywhere!
2. Yoga – This ancient form of exercise moves the body through great ranges of motion promoting mobility, stability and strength and the best part is all you need is a yoga mat. http://www.semperviva.com/
4. Urban Rec – Sports like basketball, soccer, and ultimate require a change of direction and pace which burns a ton of calories; just don’t follow up every game with a pitcher of beer and a plate of wings. Sign up for your favourite sport here http://www.urbanrec.ca.
5. Swimming – If you have seen Michael Phelps in a speedo you know the results you can get from logging hours in the pool, work on your front crawl and you will be ready to show off your bathing suit body come summer 2011. Find a pool in your area http://vancouver.ca/parks/rec/pools/index.htm.
6. North Shore Mountains – Before the mountains get covered in snow they are still open for hikes and walks. You don’t have to go to the top, you can go from East to West with slight elevation changes along the Baden Powell trail which are perfect for interval training sessions. You don’t need to do the whole trail there are lots of different hikes for all levels http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Baden-Powell-All-near-Vancouver-BC-265.
7. StayFitAnywhere Training Studio – Enrol in StayFitAnywhere’s Building Blocks Program to learn essential movement patterns and how to train with Kettlebells; this program is designed to get you results while keeping you accountable to your goals, your trainer, and yourself! Mention this article and receive a discount. Have fun while working up a sweat with your friends, form your own group of 4 for discounted F.I.T. Camp group training packages. Visit www.stayfitanywhere.com to learn more.
They say variety is the spice of life and the more physical activities you try the more choices you will have for keeping fit this fall, get off your butt and get moving.
Live to Move, Move to Live!
Around the Web
About the author
Vancity Buzz Staff Your inside source for Vancouver happenings. Established 2008.