This Monday at 9pm at the Best Buy on Cambie and 6th avenue in Vancouver a street party for the release of Halo: Reach is going down. The party which will no doubt attract a large number of Halo fans starts at 9pm and the store will open at midnight for fans to purchase the game and receive a number of Halo branded freebies. On top of that the good folks at Best Buy have given Vancity Buzz a copy to give to one lucky reader!
Vancity Buzz Contest:
There are two ways to enter:
1. Retweet the following [1 entry]:
- I entered to win a copy of Halo: Reach from Vancouver’s finest @VancityBuzz http://bit.ly/cSQSip RT to Enter!
2. Comment on the post [2 entries]: Tell us your favourite video game of all time.
Contest Ends Tuesday Sept 14, 2010. Winner will be drawn at random and Best Buy will courier the game out. Good luck to all those that enter!
Here is a little info about the game:
In Halo: Reach, players experience the fateful moments that forged the Halo legend. It’s the story of Noble Team, a squad of heroic Spartan soldiers, and their final stand on the planet Reach, humanity’s last line of defense between the terrifying Covenant and Earth. This darker story is echoed by grittier visuals amid a backdrop of massive, awe-inspiring environments. Characters, enemies and environments are rendered in amazing detail by an all-new engine designed to deliver epic-scale encounters against the cunning and ruthless Covenant.
What: Halo: Reach Launch Party Vancouver
WHERE: Vancouver – 2220 Cambie St. (Cambie and 6th Ave)
DATE: Monday September 13, 2010
KEY TIMES: 7 p.m.: Line ups anticipated to begin
9 p.m.: Launch party begins
Tuesday, September 14, 12:01 a.m.: Store doors open
75 Limited and Legendary Editions are guaranteed at every Midnight Opening location
(One per customer, while supplies last)
1. Chance to win an Xbox 360 250GB Halo Reach console bundle to be given away onsite
2. Additional prizes will be given away onsite, including Halo: Reach hoodies, hats, posters, and inflatable energy swords