Last year we provided with what many have said is the most comprehensive list of Halloween events ever put together in this fair city. You see we love this time of the year, forget Christmas, Halloween is where its at. It’s that special time of the year where suburban white kids can dress up like rappers outside of the city of Surrey. A time where Money J Skeets sells firecrackers to minors out the back of his van. While the lovely ladies of Vancouver are always out in skimpy clothing, man I love Halloween.
This time of the year stories of supernatural events are abound and Vancouver has its fair share of haunted history, like the house on King Edward and Cambie, the story of Cindy James and many more. I’ll make sure to tell you some of the tales of the unknown in future posts, perhaps a Halloween version of my Sunday musings.
- 2009 Parade of Lost Souls: Canceled this year as the committee is taking this year to plan for next year and the Liberals budget cuts are too blame!
- The Reapers Haunted Attraction and Maze of Terror aka Chilliwack haunted house
- The Vancouver Haunted Trolley Tour: An evening of murderous tales and infamous hauntings. Sadly the trolley tours have been canceled.
- Potter’s House of Horrors (in Surrey): This is great show, possibly the best of the haunted houses.
- Dunbar Halloween Haunted House @ 6478 Dunbar (South Vancouver): This annual event is amazing with lineups stretching around the block. October 15 – 31, 2009. For more info click here.
- Fright Nights at the PNE. Click here for more info.
- Stanley Park Hallowe’en Ghost Train. Great for the wee ones. Click on the link for more info.
- World of Weird @ Vancouver Aquarium: Check out some of the creepy, slimy and very weird at the aquarium, from October 16th to the 31st.
So there you go, 8 events for all age ranges. Go out and have a blast and don’t say there isn’t anything for you to do in this city come Halloween.
Follow us on Twitter!